What is 301 Redirect Mapping? Why, When, and How to use.
Redirect is a way that sends a fast notification to the readers of your website to tell them that the page they want to read has been removed, and their browser enables them to move directly to the new page of your choice. 301 Redirect bots and users forwards to another URL. It is also called permanent redirect.
It is recommended for both users and search engines. 301 Redirect is also essential for SEO. Without a redirect map, there is a risk of losing your valuable traffic and business from the website.
How to Create 301 redirect Mapping
It is a simple process. Here is a step by step explanation
- At first, you just have to open the text editor like ‘’Notepad.’’
- Then, Copy the given line of code into your text editor with the URL you wish to forward your domain name.
Redirect 301 / http://www.examples.com/
- At the next step, save the file with the name .htaccess. In the end, upload the file to your webspace.
- It helps to keep the visitors engaged in your site.
- It helps to improve URL structure.
- It helps to remove old URLs from a search engine’s index.
- 301 Redirect is helpful for the permanent change that could rank for SEO. Unless 302 redirects are only used when the change is temporary.
- It is also helpful when you want to merge two websites into one new domain; you can redirect the old URLs to the new URLs in this situation.